Why received LTP tick data is lesser than the actual LTP traded in weblogin

rsamikan
rsamikan edited December 2021 in Python client
Hi Team,
Most of the time i observed that the received LTP tick data is lesser than the actual tick data traded/showed in weblogin.
Due to the above observation, the strategy developed based on LTP tick data is not working properly.
Anything am i missing??

Please share your view on this topic??
  • sujith
    Can you elaborate?
    Are you comparing with LTP on web and on Kite Connect?
  • rsamikan
    I am running a websocket stream by using KiteTicker to monitor banknifty option tick data/LTP, but it seems the actual LTP showed/traded on web login is not same/nearvalue of the tickdata/LTP which we received on my websocket stream.
  • sujith
    Both are same, we just relay whatever exchange publishes. Are you sure you are comparing same instrument token? How much delay is there?
  • rsamikan
    Yes checking the same token, i am seeing latency approximately 10 to 20 seconds, also i have not received all the tick datas.
  • rsamikan
    I am using the below logic to unsubscribe all the tokens except the one which I am going to monitor in my infinite loop.

• rsamikan
    rsamikan edited December 2021
    Current trading price of [BANKNIFTY21D1637000PE] [12905218] is 370, kiteticker shows 322.1
    14:30:17 [BANKNIFTY21D1637000PE] [12905218] 322.1
  • SRIJAN
    @rsamikan This shouldn't happen. Try once, directly,not with your code. Like in the documentation with just 12905218.
  • sujith
    Remove everything inside on_tick and just log the length of incoming ticks.