Clarification regarding Service charages

sampath_topc
1) if i pay 2000 for current month historical data ..can i also down past 5 years of old data for all 50 nifty symbols to back-test.. any additional charges?
2)once i pay 2000 for streaming and for using kite connect. i am planning to store live data in my system to use it as historical data for future trading days and not subscribe for historical data separately.
3) extra 2000 per month for historical data seems very expensive(for individual trader atleast) if you don't invest more than few lakhs and not have winning algorithm. maybe you should come-up with plans for group of symbols. to help budget investors..
  • Vivek
    1) if i pay 2000 for current month historical data ..can i also down past 5 years of old data for all 50 nifty symbols to back-test.. any additional charges?
    We hay day wise data for last 10 years which you can access once you subscribe for historical data api but we provide minute data for last few months only.
    2)once i pay 2000 for streaming and for using kite connect. i am planning to store live data in my system to use it as historical data for future trading days and not subscribe for historical data separately.
    Streaming comes free with app subscription don't have to pay separately.
    3) extra 2000 per month for historical data seems very expensive(for individual trader atleast) if you don't invest more than few lakhs and not have winning algorithm. maybe you should come-up with plans for group of symbols. to help budget investors..
    Yeah in future we may come up with such plans but currently we don't have any plan for that.
  • sampath_topc
    how can we back-test if you cant provide 1,3,5 min snap chat data for old years? as a broker it would be easier to store real time data in low-grade server and let people download when they need it. this api will be less popular(among for individual traders) if you don't back it up with years of historical data.
  • Vivek
    Yeah soon we have plans to add minute data for last 10 years, but we don't have any timeline yet.
  • sampath_topc
    hi, vivek why do you charge extra 2000 for recent histroical data of last 6 months, as a zerodha client we should be having free rights for that right? didnt expect this from you budget brokers like zerodha.
  • sampath_topc
    even sites like yahoo,google provide free 1 min data for last 3 weeks. i agree you have to spend for infrastructure to give this service, but still i feel as we already pay 2000 for kite connect and extra 2000 for hist api is bit expensive.
  • Kailash
    @sampath_topc Please email non-technical queries to [email protected]

Yahoo Finance does not provide free financial data, and neither does it have a raw data API. Their data is usually accessed via undocumented APIs which is a violation of ToS.