Indices data not available in Full Mode

sutolani@gmail.com
Not getting feed for Nifty 50, India VIX, Nifty Metals, NIfty IT etc WebSockets/Full Mode. Please let me know if t here is any issue at your end, and when will it be fixed.
  • sujith
    Hi @sutolani@gmail.com,
    Our platform kite.zerodha.com also uses same websocket to update market data and it is working fine. Can you elaborate what you are doing?
  • chaudhariapurva
    chaudhariapurva edited February 2017
    need nifty 50 data in full mode format with irrelevant fields as zero.
    also we are not getting india vix data by calling it via "Retrieving market quotes".
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    What we need is that NIFTY 50 and other indices data (including India VIX) should be available in Full Mode format, with irrelevant fields made 0. As I have mentioned, I am able to get all other cash/F&O prices in this format without any issues,
  • sujith
    @chaudhariapurva, we will fix getQuotes() for India vix soon. As of now we can't guarantee timeline.

@sutolani@gmail.com,
    I am afraid, we can't change the way KiteTicker parsing works. If you want, you can go ahead clone repository and change it in your code base.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    Sujith, What about other indices....there are plenty of them.... Also, Get Quotes does not appear to have Day High & Day low values, and this for an Index, is critical.

• sujith
    @sutolani@gmail.com, You do get OHLC in mode.Quote. Please go through packet structure of each tick here.
  • chaudhariapurva
    by quote we are refurring to this https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#retrieving-market-quotes(here we get only 5 fields [LTP] [PerChg] [NetChange] [Open] [Close] but no high low)
    and FYI websocket quote mode check this https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#packet-structure
    where its clearly mentioning OHLC is given .
    Bytes Type
    0 - 4 int32 instrument_token
    4 - 8 int32 Last traded price (If mode is ltp, the packet ends here)
    8 - 12 int32 Last traded quantity
    12 - 16 int32 Average traded price
    16 - 20 int32 Volume traded for the day
    20 - 24 int32 Total buy quantity
    24 - 28 int32 Total sell quantity
    28 - 32 int32 Open price
    32 - 36 int32 High price
    36 - 40 int32 Low price
    40 - 44 int32 Close price (If mode is quote, the packet ends here)
    44 - 164 []byte Market depth entries
    Please claryfy
  • sujith
    @chaudhariapurva,
    Please read the response structure given in the right side of that section, you do get all data there.

I am also saying the same thing, modeQuote in websockets will give you OHLC.
  • chaudhariapurva
    chaudhariapurva edited February 2017
    @sujith in this https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#retrieving-market-quotes here we get only 5 fields [LTP] [PerChg] [NetChange] [Open] [Close] but no high low FOR INDICES AND ALL THE DATA FOR STOCKS ,ETC
    IF U WANT ILL POST THE RESPONSE JASON ,
    PLEASE CHECK IT OUT FOR YOUR SELF AND LET ME KNOW !!!!
  • sujith
    @chaudhariapurva,
    Yeah, I just tried for Nifty 50 and I got the following response,
    {"data":
    {"change":0,
    "close":8801.05,
    "change_percent":0,
    "open":8785.45,
    "last_price":8801.05}
    ,"status":"success"}

I will inform concerned team.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    Sujith, please confirm with development team on when they will resolve the issue. Most of my strategies are linked to Nifty 50 and India VIX.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    Sujith, please confirm with development team on when they will resolve the issue. Most of my strategies are linked to Nifty 50 and India VIX.
  • sujith
    Hi @sutolani@gmail.com,
    We are right now working on this. I am afraid, we can't guarantee timeline for this as of now.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    Thanks Sujith. I need an estimate....not a guaranteed timeline.
  • sujith
    @sutolani@gmail.com,
    I would suggest you to use websockets for live market data instead of making getQuote() http request for the same.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    Sure. Using websockets would be great provided NIFTY 50 and other indices data (including India VIX) should be available in Full Mode format, with irrelevant fields made 0. When can this be done?
  • sujith
    @sutolani@gmail.com,
    As mentioned above, we can't just go and change parsing of ticks in KiteTicker. We have all other apps which follow the same convention. I am afraid we can't help you with this. All our kiteconnect clients are open source, you can clone repository and make changes to your file and use it.
This discussion has been closed.