Getpositions() does not get updated with quantity sometimes

sutolani@gmail.com
I have entered the attached orders on Kite at 13:33:25. On Kite it shoows that the ordr got executed without any delays at 13:44.25.
However, I check the Quantity Filed in GetPositions(), and if there is any quantity available, I exit these to ensure that I end with 0 Position. Since GetPosition() does not get updated in less than 3 seconds sometimes, I end up with an additional Lot of Options, which creates a huge risk for me.
1. Is GetPosition() reliable and if yes, what is the max time in seconds that updation of Quantity filed should take?
2. If I am trying to exit order which are having more than 2800 lots, I am forced to look at GetPosition(), to ensure that my Quantity becomes 0....Is there any other alternative way to do this?
  • SRIJAN
    SRIJAN edited May 2022
    1. Yes, positions api is reliable. And is updated instantly. However,there might be a few seconds delay sometimes. It's recommended to add some delay between placing orders and checking orderbook/positions.

2. You can save your positions locally and accordingly manage your positions without having to fetch positions again and again.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    Sometimes Getposition() takes above 10 seconds....Generally happens during expiry and peak load periods. This causes huge problem for lot sizes for 6000+ . I cant work as per 2, since orders can be rejected at Zerodha/Exchange end for many reasons. Check my orders as per attachment, and you will see how instead of exiting with my position, I ended up with twice the size of my position!
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    Also, I can work on 2...if you can tell me what is the max delay I can expect for market order in FNO to be executed. Right now I check the quantity in GetPosition() and place subsequent orders in same contract.
  • SRIJAN
    SRIJAN edited May 2022
    Market orders are filled immediately if there is enough liquidity.