Pre-market equilibrium price

dgmattam
https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/9499/how-to-get-pre-market-data-using-apis

This is a follow up to the closed discussion above.

It was mentioned: "Equilibrium price is shown in the open value of the ohlc quote in the tick during pre-market"

I have been checking the above through websocket streaming, but found that at least on some days the equilibrium price is not getting updated. The price changes at 9 when the pre-market opens, but there are no changes after that. Is this an error? Asking this as NSE shows the price changing continuously between 9 am and 9:07 am (please find the screenshot below).

• SRIJAN
    There's no error.

Please provide the source of your claim.
  • dgmattam
    I would like to attach some screenshots and show it here. But when I try to attach, I get a message - File is already in this discussion. It will not be uploaded again.

Do I start a new discussion and try again?
  • SRIJAN
    Yes,you may try again.
  • sujith
    @dgmattam,
    From 09:00 AM to 09:07 AM only order collection happens and the first order match happens at 09:08 AM
  • dgmattam
    That's understood. My question was about the indicative equilibrium price during pre-market. Quoting from my original query above:
    I have been checking through websocket streaming, but found that at least on some days the equilibrium price during pre-market is not getting updated. The price changes at 9 when the pre-market opens, but there are no changes after that.

It should change as and when a new equilibrium price is discovered.

In fact I tested this today and it worked fine. However, it does not seem to work well consistently. For clarity, I will open another discussion and upload the streamed prices during pre-market today. I am opening a new discussion as the interface does not allow to attach docs to the comments.