Need details about streaming data

bebhuvan
1. What information do we get with those live feeds? Do we just get LTP value or we get best buy, best sell prices along with quantity. do we get OHLC values also? How deep are the feeds?
2. Are the feeds only for equity or for F&O and other assets also?
3. Can we show those feeds on our information portal for everyone to see or is it only for our internal consumption?
4. Can we use those feeds to send real time price alerts to our clients, which is a paid subscription on our site?
5. We can also subscribe to the live feeds from Zerodha at Rs.2000 / month ?
6. What are some of the major limitations/handicaps i should be aware of before i start working on Kite.trade
  • Vivek
    1. What information do we get with those live feeds? Do we just get LTP value or we get best buy, best sell prices along with quantity. do we get OHLC values also? How deep are the feeds?
    You can opt for full mode which provides data like OHLC and market depth upto 5 levels. (Refer documentation - https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#connecting-to-the-websocket)
    2. Are the feeds only for equity or for F&O and other assets also?
    We stream live market data for NSE, NFO, CDS, BSE and MCX segments.
    3. Can we show those feeds on our information portal for everyone to see or is it only for our internal consumption?
    By default an app is restricted to only one Zerodha client id and its not meant to be used by multiple clients. If you are a startup you can get the restriction removed by contacting us ([email protected])
    4. Can we use those feeds to send real time price alerts to our clients, which is a paid subscription on our site?
    Please refer previous answer.
    5. We can also subscribe to the live feeds from Zerodha at Rs.2000 / month ?
    You will get live feeds bundled with the app.
    6. What are some of the major limitations/handicaps i should be aware of before i start working on Kite.trade
    We don't have api working for BO and CO orders which we are planning to release shortly.
  • bebhuvan
    bebhuvan edited April 2016
    Hey Vivek thank for the prompt reply.

Lets say i embed the live data for a mini site like Moneycontrol, we can use the websocket to stream data for all the users who view it right ?
  • Kailash
    @bebhuvan You can stream data to users who are logged in via Kite Connect (Zerodha account holders), not the public. Public display of data outside of a broker's ecosystem is not permitted by the exchanges.