ticker heartbeat

pranksterguru
can you please check how often the price information is sent for SBIN(state bank of india) on NSE instrument token is 779521?

this is one of the most traded stock in NSE but i have been getting price information once every minute or 2 minute
Tagged:
  • sujith
    @pranksterguru,
    This shouldn't be happening because SBIN is volatile and it is ticking in kite. Kite also uses same websocket connection for tick data. I would suggest check your configuration or code.
  • pranksterguru
    if i have one socket or each securities i am able to get the ticker every second !!

can you please tell me how many sockets are you planning to restrict to in the future?
  • sujith
    Hi @pranksterguru,
    We will be limiting number of connections per user to 3-4 shortly. As such, please don't create one connection per token. If you wish to monitor 100 scrips, you'll end up opening 100 connections. If you aren't getting ticks for multiple tokens, this is most likely due to a flaw in your logic. I recommend you take a look at that.

As a matter of fact, the Kite web and Kite Android platforms used by all our clients use the same websocket connections and do work fine.Subscribing to multiple tokens is definitely possible. We'd appreciate your understanding of this as if you were to open up a lot of connections, this would create an undue load on the ticker server.
  • pranksterguru
    there wasnt anything wrong with my program logic.. i believe its just that API wasnt able to handle 100 securities (half of them are index)

earlier i was getting ticker one a minute now i removed all the index and total number of subscribed scripts are 50. and now i am able to get one tick every 3 or 4 second

so i believe the optimum total number of total script for one socket is about ~20. and if we have more than 20 scripts we will have to open more websockets

either dont restrict number of websocket connection or increase the performance of websocket