live tick data on excel and trading through it

nk7
Good Morning,

I apologise if this may sound absolutely retarded, but its only because I am an absolute novice when it comes to coding.
I currently use google sheets to get live quotes, have a built in formula there which identifies potential trade setups based on current and past rates.
Once identified, I check charts of these stocks on Kite and place trades if I find a pattern suitable to trade.
Is there a way I could get live tick data on an excel file, perform the same validations using my formula and place cover orders on Kite through a buy / sell button on the excel file.

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks
Nayan
  • sujith
    Hi Nayan,
    Did you mean KiteConnect with Excel? It is already available.
    KiteXL is a third party library provided by @botany02. May be he can help you with it.
  • nk7
    Hello Sujith,

Thank you for the prompt response.
    @botany02 may I kindly request your help to setup KiteConnect in order to place orders from an excel.

Thanks
    Nayan
  • sujith
    Hi Nayan,
    I am afraid that is not possible. KiteConnect is a generic API, available in different languages to allow people to build platform but not building platform itself. We provide all the support for building platform but not platform itself. Please check out documentation to get started.
  • nk7
    Hello Sujith,

Thanks a lot for the link to the documentation.
    I shall try my hands on VB.

Thanks
    Nayan