Is KiteConnect supports Variety of BO orders?

srinivassambari
srinivassambari edited September 2022 in Python client
As per the link https://support.zerodha.com/category/trading-and-markets/trading-faqs/articles/why-bo-stopped zerodha has already stopped BO orders.

But when we go through the kiteconnect documentation one of the class variable for vaiety is var VARIETY_BO and product type is PRODUCT_BO = "BO"

and Order definition looking like below, which is expecting any type of variety and product type and also exposing trailing_stoploss and stoploss aruguments, which clearly shows there is a support for BO orders through the API Interface from the API documentation.

def place_order( self, variety, exchange, tradingsymbol, transaction_type, quantity, product, order_type, price=None, validity=None, disclosed_quantity=None, trigger_price=None, squareoff=None, stoploss=None, trailing_stoploss=None, tag=None)

Now My Query is, Is Zerodha supports BO orders through API Interface or it is just a unreviewd API documenation which is causing developers a lot of confusion.

If there is a Alernative for BO order is CO order then we can only have a possiblity of giving stop loss trigger but unable to take profit.

How Can I book the profit in this case through code?

pls suggest me if below method is going to help to book profits

def exit_order (self, variety, order_id, parent_order_id=None) when ltp == targetprice ??

Also Is there any updated guide with information having allowed arguments for different type of orders.

• vibhu
    vibhu edited November 2022
    Hi @rakeshr, can you please help with this.
    Does trailing_stoploss work with APIs?

If not is this parameter in the API useless?
  • rakeshr
    No, it has been deprecated. Will be removed in the next major release.
  • vibhu
    Thanks a lot for quick response!
    Also any timeline for getting it back? Or is there any sample python code which does it.
  • rakeshr
    Also any timeline for getting it back?
    No, as said above all BO properties including trailing_stoploss have been depreciated. This article explains more.
    is there any sample python code which does it
    You can use two-leg gtt. This thread explains more.