Unusual Behaviour from KiteconnectAPI on Expiry Day

dknaix
dknaix edited October 2022 in Python client
Today (6-OCT-22 Expiry day) while exiting (selling) a OTM option which i had bought as margin leg, was 0.5rs (no buyer, but sellers present), my system placed a order to exit that leg, received order id but it did not reflected on KITE, after the order was not executed on LIMIT , my system modified it to MARKET, normally for any order placed/modified the same is updated on KITE platform, but in this case the order timestamp didn't match, this OMS didn't return any error message. Is this behaviour normal ? same code behaved as expected when the OTM option had buyers present, please help me find a solution
  • rakeshr
    after the order was not executed on LIMIT , my system modified it to MARKET, normally for any order placed/modified the same is updated on KITE platform, but in this case the order timestamp didn't match, this OMS didn't return any error message
    Do you mean, the LIMIT to MARKET order_type modification was not successful here?
  • dknaix
    Order modification was success on the api, also received the Order Update callback from WS, but the timestamp on which it was updated on KITE Web platform was showing 1 min difference, and after that my system responded very unusually, a short sell order was placed again for that option which was supposed to exit and everything messed up, usually the same code works properly as it only exits the legs which was entered. Can it be the OTM option for todays expiry which did not had buyers messed up the api working?
  • rakeshr
    Order modification was success on the api, also received the Order Update callback from WS, but the timestamp on which it was updated on KITE Web platform was showing 1 min difference
    Did you fetch the order history for that order_id and checked all status? Was API's response different from the Kite web?
    It should be the same as both use the same source of data until the user session is logged-out from the web.
    unusually, a short sell order was placed again for that option which was supposed to exit and everything messed up, usually the same code works properly as it only exits the legs which was entered. Can it be the OTM option for todays expiry which did not had buyers messed up the api working?
    You need to check your code logic. APIs were working perfectly fine. The only scenario of auto order type change from MARKET to LIMIT is possible, because of low-volatility. This article explains more.
  • dknaix
    okay will try to track it down when the same conditions occurs. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.