Initial websocket connection fails | ERROR:kiteconnect.ticker:Retrying connection

deadlock
Zerodha:
The same issue is raised in this thread on Oct 10, 2022 and I still do not have a resolution. In fact, the thread was closed by citing links to some other thread I had opened, but that thread is unrelated to the issue at hand. Therefore, please clarify the following at the earliest with the aim to move past the problem I am facing frequently (not always).

Question:
1. Why initial web socket connection of Zerodha fails or times out on several occasions on some days, but connects successfully on others. Presume that login credentials (API_KEY, ACCESS_TOKEN) are correctly passed to Kite Connect. If initial connection timeout is 30 seconds, how to increase it from client-side?

2. Where is the ticker.connect() call hosted and what is the URL for tracing?

3. Where are other API calls of Kite Connect hosted and what is the URL for tracing? For example, KiteConnect.generate_session(). I am asking this because while other API calls do not create a show-stopper, securing an initial web socket connection using kiteticker.connect() does.

Thanks in advance.
  • sujith
    1. Why initial web socket connection of Zerodha fails or times out on several occasions on some days, but connects successfully on others. Presume that login credentials (API_KEY, ACCESS_TOKEN) are correctly passed to Kite Connect. If initial connection timeout is 30 seconds, how to increase it from client-side?
    It could be because of your network issue or ISP issue, firewall settings. No issues observed from our end.
    You need to check the respective Kite Connect client ticker code and modify it.
    2. Where is the ticker.connect() call hosted and what is the URL for tracing?

3. Where are other API calls of Kite Connect hosted and what is the URL for tracing? For example, KiteConnect.generate_session(). I am asking this because while other API calls do not create a show-stopper, securing an initial web socket connection using kiteticker.connect() does.
    You can refer to the documentation here.