Indix Data not available in Full Mode

sutolani@gmail.com
Sujith, You have closed this discussion without resolving the issue.

Please refer to conversation below, and on Feb 6, you said you will escalate issue to development team. What happened?

chaudhariapurva
February 6 edited February 6 Flag
@sujith in this https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#retrieving-market-quotes here we get only 5 fields [LTP] [PerChg] [NetChange] [Open] [Close] but no high low FOR INDICES AND ALL THE DATA FOR STOCKS ,ETC
IF U WANT ILL POST THE RESPONSE JASON ,
PLEASE CHECK IT OUT FOR YOUR SELF AND LET ME KNOW !!!!
sujith
sujith
February 6 Flag
@chaudhariapurva,
Yeah, I just tried for Nifty 50 and I got the following response,
{"data":
{"change":0,
"close":8801.05,
"change_percent":0,
"open":8785.45,
"last_price":8801.05}
,"status":"success"}

I will inform concerned team.
[email protected]
[email protected]
February 7 Flag
Sujith, please confirm with development team on when they will resolve the issue. Most of my strategies are linked to Nifty 50 and India VIX.
[email protected]
[email protected]
February 7 Flag
Sujith, please confirm with development team on when they will resolve the issue. Most of my strategies are linked to Nifty 50 and India VIX.
sujith
sujith
February 7 Flag
Hi @sutolani@gmail.com,
We are right now working on this. I am afraid, we can't guarantee timeline for this as of now.
  • sujith
    Hi @sutolani@gmail.com,
    You can use websockets for getting OHLC data for indices.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    Sujith, I hope we are not going in circles...
    1. Websocket does not have index data in Full mode. Scrip information is available but index information is not avaulable. Has this been fixed? A lot of development effrot from my side has already gone into this
    2. Since 1 was not working, we spent anopther round of effort on using query to get index data. The development is complete, but we find that get only 5 fields [LTP] [PerChg] [NetChange] [Open] [Close] but no high and low FOR INDICES.

You mentioned in your post that you will have this issue fixed through your development team.

Now, when I am asking the status you are saying that I should use WebSockets.....

Is it your stand that you will not fix the issue at your end and that I have to keep spending development effort and money to find workarounds at my end?

• sujith
    Hi @sutolani@gmail.com,
    To fix getQuotes(), it has some dependency on our vendor TR. We will do it but can't guarantee you any timeline as it involves TR work.

I don't understand the issue, you will get OHLC in mode Quote for indices.Mode Full will give you market depth for all scrips.
    The reason we can't change the way websockets parse is because we have all our applications depending on it. If you want to make changes then you can go ahead and clone repository and make changes to code and use it.

• itsram90
    it does not make any sense to ask for depth of index because they can't be bought or sold