Historical data for 15min Timeframe

jitendra
1. I am not able to pay for Historical Data in Kite Connect API. Getting error: Failed payment, please try again.

2. If I want Historical data of 15 min for commodities [MCX] then what will be the maximum time for which data is available in the Kite connect API.
  • Kailash
    @jitendra If you have linked your Zerodha account for payments, can you make sure you have sufficient balance? (Please pm me your developer account's email id)

15 min candles, we should have data spanning at least one year. Although, please note that the data is not continuous. Each expiry has its own token/identifier that you'll need to use to fetch the data. For expired contracts, you may have to fetch tokens from exchange contract files.
  • jitendra
    Thanks Kailash. I am able to pay for the historical data.
    Please let me know how to get the tokens for expired contracts. I am able to get only LIVE contracts tokens.
  • Vivek
    We don't have expired contracts token for now, you can get it from exchange contract files.
  • Kailash
    The exchange has a public FTP where they provide these files -- ftp://ftp.connect2nse.com/common/ntneat/
  • jitendra
    The following Link is asking for username and password.

ftp://ftp.connect2nse.com/common/ntneat/
  • Vivek
    Username and password both are : FTPGUEST
  • jitendra
    Thanks Vivek for your prompt response. I have two quick questions...
    Which file will be containing the Expired contract Token in the link mentioned above?
    I would appreciate if you can provide me the way to fetch expired contract tokens for Exchange MCX.
  • Golz
    It would be better if you can add date argument (optional) to the following call -
    GET /instruments/
    This should fetch the instrument list on that particular date.
  • Kailash
    @Golz, added to our to-do.