no ticker

pranksterguru
i subscribed for the instrument token 137079556, 136075012 yesterday, but i didnt get any ticker. can you please check why?
  • sujith
    Hi @pranksterguru,
    AIFL BSE and JINDWORLD BSE are illiquid scrips. Hence you didn't get ticks.
  • pranksterguru
    instrument token 128061700 doesnt seem to be getting ticker - BSE KIRLOSBROS

i got the list of illiquid stocks from bse website and i do not see this instrument there
    http://www.bseindia.com/investors/illiquidscrips.aspx?expandable=5

does zerodha tell me which stock is illiquid and which stock is not?
  • sujith
    @pranksterguru,
    What I meant is, trades don't happen too frequently on the above scrips.
    You will get ticks only when there is some change in value or when trade happens.

PS: You will get only one tick in this case when you subscribe for it.
  • pranksterguru
    i didnt even get one tick.. i understand there was less movement on this stock but obviously that less movement is also not captured in the ticker heart beat.

i checked the same security in google finance and it seems to have movement

and here is the information from bse website on this stock's eod report..there were 26,272 shares trade
    http://www.bseindia.com/markets/equity/EQReports/StockPrcHistori.aspx?expandable=7&scripcode=500241&flag=sp&Submit=G

Date Open High Low Close WAP No. of
    Shares No. of
    Trades Total Turnover Deliverable Quantity % Deli. Qty to Traded Qty * Spread
    H-L C-O
    28/02/17 242.70 248.90 239.00 245.50 244.64 26,272 1,092 64,27,266 10,071 38.33 9.90 2.80
  • sujith
    @pranksterguru,
    I checked yesterday and I got one tick immediately after i subscribed for it and other ticks you will get when there is some change. Are you using javakiteconnect or you have your own client for this?
  • pranksterguru
    i am using javakiteconnect.

did you check during market hour?
    can you leave it for couple of hours and see how many ticks you are geting?