Rates & Limits for Bond data related continuous price fetch.

SurbhiS
Hi All,
Use case: Need to fetch best bid/ask data for specific bonds on continuous stream (maybe each second if possible). Order execution might happen only once in a quarter or so.

Base study: I have read through a number of forum articles and understand the mentioned rate-limit caps and other stuff. However, to completely clear the air, May I request anyone who can guide me on the following:

Queries:
- Can it be a WebSocket continuous stream to fetch "specific" bond best bid/ask data with no API calls to be made OR will API calls be needed to be hit every second to get data? It will be too tedious to have continuous API calls each second from the client to Zerodha API - but if this is the only way (instead of having an open WebSocket continuous incoming stream) to get read-only data for specified bond tickers (each second), is there a limit/cap to the number of API calls to fetch specified bond best bid/ask data only (nothing else).
- Also are there additional costs to pay for above need other than the regular KiteConnect and other related charges?
  • sujith
    @SurbhiS,
    You can use Websockets API, you will have to connect and subscribe for tick data. You can find the instrument token from the instruments master and subscribe using that.
    You will only need the base Kite Connect subscription for this.
    When one subscribes for ticks, a cached tick is sent to the user and post that you will only get data when there is a change in any of the values you have subscribed for.

You can read more about it in FAQs and documentation.