Why market order is not allowed for sensex from API? Kite web is allowing it

mailboxofrafiq
mailboxofrafiq edited August 2023 in Java client
Why market order is not allowed for sensex from API? Kite web is allowing it. Please enable it.
Tagged:
  • rakeshr
    Why market order is not allowed for sensex from API?
    Can you let us know the complete trading symbol of the Sensex contract?
    Margin policy of contracts can change in the intraday as per the requirement from the RMS. This documentation explains more.
  • themohammedfaisal
    Market orders are now allowed for all index F&O contracts (Sensex, Midcpnifty and Finnifty) if the OI of the contract is more than 500 lots. Market orders will be automatically enabled as soon as the OI increase for liquid contracts on the expiry days.
    Based on the above criteria, we recently started allowing market orders for all index F&O contracts. You might be looking at a strike which doesn't match this criteria
  • mailboxofrafiq
    No @themohammedfaisal .. Today around 1PM I put sell order for Sensex 18th Aug 65200 CE.. but API did not allow market order. It threw KiteInputexception (Java). Same I triggered LIMIT order it got placed.
  • mailboxofrafiq
    @rakeshr pls refer my comment above.. Sensex 18th Aug 65200 CE at around 1 PM today
  • themohammedfaisal
    @mailboxofrafiq could you create a ticket and DM the ticket number. We could check what went happened here. This rule doesn't discriminate based on where the source of the order was.
  • mailboxofrafiq
    Sent.. pls look into it asap. I was in loss on Friday because of this technical issue. Allow market order for at least ATM+-300 strikes.
  • themohammedfaisal
    themohammedfaisal edited August 2023
    I looked at your order logs. for the order where you got the Kite input exception, you had passed exchange as 'NFO' for a Sensex order, I have DM'ed you the log.
    No issue from our end.
  • mailboxofrafiq
    Thanks @themohammedfaisal I fixed in my code.. However I would recommend you to throw an appropriate error message 'like incorrect exchange" so that we will know what is the issue clearly.
  • rpatil88
    Yes, the exception message can be clear. I faced same issue today.