instruments list returning invalid file

ramatius
Hi,
When I tried getting the instruments list today morning around 9:10am, it took a long time to download the file and the file contained only junk characters - no list. Also the file size is just 336KB (usually it is around 6MB).

Please look into this & resolve quickly.

Regards,
Ramakrishnan S
Tagged:
  • sujith
    Hi @ramatius,
    Can you try once more now and check?
    I just downloaded and it looks fine. Can you give us more information about this, like at what time you downloaded, what Kite Connect client are you using?
  • ramatius
    Now it works from one computer, but not working (just keeps on trying to download) in another machine. Strange.

Anyway, I am using Perl and as mentioned in my first comment, I tried to download it at 9:10am today. It was working fine for past several days.
  • ramatius
    BTW, does downloading the instruments consume one socket count? Have you enforced the concurrent socket connect limit of max 3 per user? Because I am already using 3 socket connections for getting market data...
  • ramatius
    BTW, does downloading the instruments consume one socket count? Have you enforced the concurrent socket connect limit of max 3 per user? Because I am already using 3 socket connections for getting market data...
  • sujith
    sujith edited March 2017
    Hi @ramatius,
    Not sure, what is wrong? It is stored as gzip file at our end also. It is very unlikely that you will get half of that file.

Only Http requests are rate limited to 3 per second. Websocket connections are not included in this.

You can open up to three websocket connections at a time. We haven't put a constraint on number websocket connection, we will add it soon.
  • ramatius
    Found the issue - the download fails in 512kbps link, but works fine at higher speeds. Posting it here just for record.