No onOrderUpdate called for orders placed to MCX

pathakashish
I'm using the "javakiteconnect" library, which I built from the latest version with the commit ID 3578135.

I'm using the ticker API and registered the "OnOrderUpdateListener" to get updates when I place or modify orders. It used to work well for all types of orders, but for the past week, I've noticed an issue specifically with orders for commodity futures on MCX (Multi Commodity Exchange).

When I place a buy order on MCX, the order goes through successfully, but I don't receive the expected "onOrderUpdate" callback. This problem only occurs for MCX orders. For NFO (Nifty and Bank Nifty options) orders, everything works as expected, and I receive the callbacks as usual.

I'm wondering if something has changed in the system or if there might be a bug causing this issue.
  • shivdas_b
    shivdas_b edited October 2023
    Hi @ pathakashish

as per my knowledge onOrderUpdate it does not work if market is closed or if you are using AMO.
    please give it a try in live market. (as per date is suggest, you were encountered error on Sunday.)
  • rakeshr
    Yes, as @shivdas_b mentioned onOrderUpdate won't publish updates on closed or AMO status. I just checked for the limit MCX order and it's publishing updates fine. Go through the order update FAQs here.