Mobile App Development to Place Order as well live tick

SAGARRD
Tried cross platform like React Native, Ionic . Tried Kivy, beeware (development using python )to develop android app also tried Android Studio but not success in android development. When used android studio it shows duplicate class kite connect and kotlin so fed up with this... Any help or guid will appreciate.. Almost work for a week but no solution finally come in this great forum to get the answer.
  • sujith
    You will have to write the Kite Connect library first and then work on your project.

PS: If you are developing an app for mass then you need to contact compliance and get a go ahead before starting the project.
  • SAGARRD
    SAGARRD edited October 2023
    @sujith I am making an android app with kite java api for personal use like trail SL or Book Profit for certain level or few condition.

Already develop Django and used Kiteconnect Python API. But i want My Mobile app so i can set condition from anywhere without relying on desktop.

So what i did, I used Kiteconnect.jar in AndroidStudio also add reference in android gradle but when i build, it gives duplicate error message for kotline libs, means kotlin and Kite reference jar have kotline and they are conflicting.

How do i resolve this issue ? Is there any alternative ?
  • sujith
    The javakiteconnect is not meant for mobile app development. You will have to write Kite Connect client library at your end.
  • SAGARRD
    @sujith But few people in this forum are using Kiteconnect.jar in Android Studio.. And any guide how do i write kite conect client library?
  • sujith
    You can refer to the API documentation here and use javakiteconnect as reference for structure and POJO.
  • SAGARRD
    @sujith Thanks for Your help, but still i am confuse, check the attached screenshot, there is written in link you provided that developer can use java Kiteconnect in Android
  • sujith
    You can refer the latest readme file here.
  • SAGARRD
    @sujith Thanks for Your valuable time. Neither you understood my question nor you want to understand....

Simple, i want to build Mobile app ( Standard Android using Java in AndroidStudio ) for personal use. And as per Kite Document (github) or Readme.md i can use javaconnect.jar

There is a line like === "To use javakiteconnect in Android, you need to include jar file in the libs directory and add the following line in you module's gradle file compile files('libs/kiteconnect.jar')"

And when i did this there was a kotline config same as https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/comment/44668/#Comment_44668

So my simple question is if javakiteconnect.jar not for mobile app then why you guys are misleading in readme.md and if there is solution then give that to people like us but not in a single line elaborate it. Because this will come to many Traders in future.

So please read carefully and answer. What i do if i want to use javaconnect.jar for android

Thanks for your patience ????
  • sujith
    @SAGARRD,
    In the earlier versions of javakiteconnect it was working as is (we never intended to build library for mobile apps), hence we had added that line. In recent updates, it might have broken because of Kotlin dependencies. Hence the suggestion for creating your own wrapper or fork the library and change it as you wish to. It is an open source library.