Subject: Discrepancy between Zerodha Candlestick Charts OHLC Data and Kite LTP API Data

Ngbaldha13
Dear Zerodha Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a notable discrepancy that I have observed between the data presented on the Zerodha trading platform's candlestick charts and the data retrieved via the Kite LTP (Last Traded Price) API for one-minute candlesticks.

Over a period of time, I have collected data and noticed significant variations in the open, low, high, and close (OLHC) prices between the two sources of information. Given the importance of accurate pricing data for trading decisions, I believe it is crucial to address this issue to ensure transparency and reliability for Zerodha's users.

To provide a more specific example, I have attached a file that demonstrates this discrepancy for a particular period. The data in the attached file contains one-second intervals for a few minutes, and it clearly shows that the OLHC prices for one-minute candles do not match between Zerodha charts and the Kite LTP API.

I have also attached the python program I am using to get these data.

As a Zerodha user, I value the platform's commitment to providing accurate and real-time market data. Therefore, I kindly request that you investigate this issue and provide an explanation for the differences observed. It is essential for traders to have confidence in the data they are using for analysis and decision-making, and resolving this matter will contribute to a more trustworthy trading experience.

Could you please clarify the reasons behind these discrepancies? Additionally, any insights you can provide on how to ensure consistency between Zerodha charts and the Kite LTP API would be greatly appreciated.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
IN SHORT, I NEED THE API TO RETURN THE SAME "OHLC" DATA AS ZERODHA CHART/GRAPH ON ZERODHA TRADING PLATFORM. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ACHIEVE THIS??
***********************************************************************************************************************************
I understand that technical issues can sometimes occur, and I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. I am confident that addressing this discrepancy will not only benefit me but also other traders who rely on Zerodha for their trading activities.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your response and a resolution to this issue.

Sincerely,

Nishantkumar Gordhanbhai Baldha
Zerodha Client ID: LC7188
Reg. Mobile: +917202813176
Email: [email protected]

• sujith
    Are you referring to OHLC in the LTP API and historical candle data?
  • Ngbaldha13
    Not Historicals
    I am getting LPT every second and every price Change.
    and store in in text file according to seconds.
    then after i run python function on that text file for getting OHLC Data
  • Ngbaldha13
    Let me put again,
    It’s not hostorical data.
    Its real-time data, I have function which collects the data throughout the minute and then determines the OHLC but the OHLC I get from my function is differ from the Zerodha Graph.

I can clearly see from the data I have collected throughout the minute is accurately providing OHLC which is quite different than Zerodha Graph on Kite itself. Please look at the function and the text files I have attached to understand this?
    @sujith
  • sujith
    You can go through this thread.
    The charting engine's ticker source is different from the Websocket API's source.
  • Ngbaldha13
    Let me put again,
    It’s not hostorical data.
    Its real-time data, I have function which collects the data throughout the minute and then determines the OHLC but the OHLC I get from my function is differ from the Zerodha Graph.

I can clearly see from the data I have collected throughout the minute is accurately providing OHLC which is quite different than Zerodha Graph on Kite itself. Please look at the function and the text files I have attached to understand this?
  • sujith
    You can read the thread i have linked to above.
  • Ngbaldha13
    Hi @sujith

Sorry I missed your link, but I looked at it now. I understand the difference for different brokers.
    You mentioned, the charting engine's ticker source is different from the Websocket API's source. This explains the difference I am seeing.
    My question now is, is there a way I can get the exact same data that chat shows?

Thanks,
    Nishant
  • sujith
    I am afraid we can't do that.