Wrong data received for some stocks before market listing date

asutoshr
I am fetching 1 minute data for stocks for backtesting purposes. I am using the python client method `kite.historical_data` for fetching this data using the instrument token fetched from `kite.instruments` list. Since I do not have the listing date of the stock, I hit the historical data API for the entire period from 2015 till now. This works fine for most of the cases, but for some stocks (AWL and IRCTC are the ones I have noticed) I am getting data prior to the listing date of the actual instrument.
I am guessing this is because zerodha reuses the instrument tokens and this token might have corresponded to some other instrument at that time range. But since I need to filter the correct data out of this, is there any way we can get the listing date of an instrument from kiteconnect APIs?
  • rakeshr
    some stocks (AWL and IRCTC are the ones I have noticed) I am getting data prior to the listing date of the actual instrument.
    Thank you for highlighting. We have removed data prior to the listing date for the mentioned instruments.
    is there any way we can get the listing date of an instrument from kiteconnect APIs?
    Currently, listing_date field is not available in our full instrument list. But, will be available in our new instrument master, which will be released soon.
  • asutoshr
    Okay, thanks for the update.