Inquiry Regarding Extended Login Session Duration and TOTP

topgun16
Hi Team,
I need to create multi-user login support in my app for users for my Automated Trading Application that would integrate with various trading platforms, including Zerodha. My primary goal is to provide a seamless and secure automated algo trading experience for my users on the platform.

So, I want to understand the feasibility of One Time Login Flow with an extended Login Session(let's say 30 days) so that we do not have to prompt the users to log in via their credentials and TOTP everyday

In this regard, I have two specific inquiries:

Utilizing Trade APIs without TOTP Authentication:
We are keen to understand the process of integrating with Trade APIs without requiring users to log in via TOTP on our platform. We are reaching out to explore the feasibility and requirements for such integration. We would appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Extended Login Session Duration:
Additionally, I want to know the possibility of extending the login session duration for the users when interacting with the API. This would enhance the overall user experience by reducing the need for frequent reauthentication. We understand the importance of security and are committed to aligning with your platform's policies and protocols.

We believe that these inquiries align with our mutual interest in creating a user-friendly and secure automated algo trading environment. We are open to scheduling a meeting at your convenience to discuss these matters further and address any concerns you may have.

Thank you for considering our inquiries. We look forward to the possibility of collaborating with Zerodha and appreciate your time and attention to these matters.

Best Regards,

Gaurang Verma
  • Sree
    Sree edited January 19
    @topgun16
    It is mandatory by the exchange that a user has to log in manually at least once a day. We don't recommend automating login, You can go through login FAQs and read the terms