Can we create 2 apps for same Zerodha account

kartikpateldev
Now kite allow only 10 order request/second. If I want to place NIFTY50 options order than It means that I can only place maximum 1800 * 10 = 18k quantity at one second. But i want to place huge quantity of order like in 2 to 4 lakhs of quantity.

So for this use case I thought to purchase multiple API keys by creating multiple kite connect apps pointing to same zerodha account i.e two kite connect apps having same Zerodha Client ID.

Please let me know if this is possible or not.

Thanks
  • MAG
    No you cant do that. The order limits are set at the account level and not the app level.
    so whether you create one app or ten, you can still make only 10 orders per second, 200 orders per minute and 3000 orders per day.
    The other api calls like historical, quote, etc are at the app level. But order request limits are at the account level.
  • sujith
    The total number of orders per day is an account level limit. But the number of order place requests per minute and other API rate limits are Kite Connect app level restrictions. Thus one can create more than one Kite Connect app to place orders simultaneously.