Three independent websocket connections with on_order_update

ANL
I could not find the query regarding multiple independent WS connections with on_order_update program.

This is to provide clarity about configuring three independent WS connections and one separate on_order_update program.

my on_order_update program doesn't have an instrument token subscription, as it is just listening to the order updates.

Will the Kite API recognize the on_order_update connection as a WS connection? or will only a WS connection be considered when subscribing to tokens in separate WS programs? Could you clarify.
  • rakeshr
    Will the Kite API recognize the on_order_update connection as a WS connection? or will only a WS connection be considered when subscribing to tokens in separate WS programs?
    Each program having KiteTicker initialization, is considered an independent connection. The total program initializing KiteTicker, should not exceed 3 per API key.
    configuring three independent WS connections and one separate on_order_update program.
    So, here in your case, the program calling just on_order_update will be considered as a new independent ws connection.
  • ANL
    Currently, I am running three subscription programs with the on_order_update program. Is this because of legacy reasons? Any exception for on_order_update in future?
  • rakeshr
    I am running three subscription programs with the on_order_update program
    Why do you need an independent program to get on_order_update? You can consume the same in either of those existing ws connections.
    Any exception for on_order_update in future?
    No, plan as of now.
  • ANL
    Why do you need an independent program to get on_order_update? You can consume the same in either of those existing ws connections.
    The entire order handling program is considered a separate program.