Is it possible to automate the Kite trades for next day without login?

Sowmay
Sowmay edited March 2017 in API clients
Or can we access live price date through kite connect to let algorithms work (and trade accordingly) even if we don't login next day?

Long story short, Is login into kite platform compulsory every day?
Tagged:
  • Sowmay
    @botany02 Is it anyhow possible to automate task internally on server-to-server without login into kite?

Like, I'm trying to get alerts of my portfolio stocks whenever its price creased the limits. And I don't open my Kite Trade account every day. Any solution for this?
  • botany02
    @Sowmay
    I'm trying to implement in .Net.
    Let you know, once done.
  • sujith
    Hi @Sowmay,
    It is mandatory by the exchange that a trader has to log in manually at least once a day. You need to log in every day to use Kite Connect.
  • Sowmay
    @sujith When does Zerodha flushed out access token? Any exact time?
  • sujith
    Hi @Sowmay,
    It is a manual process, it may happen in between 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM every day.
  • derickgeorge89
    Is there any auto logout time in kitexl? Cause sometimes it remains logged in for hours and other times it logs out in a few minutes
  • sujith
    Hi @derickgeorge89,
    Once an access token is generated it is valid for the whole day. If you log into PI, NEST or trade.zerodha.com then new access token is generated and current access token is deleted. I would suggest using Kite for monitoring purpose and not any other trading platforms.
  • botany02
    @derickgeorge89

If you logout from any other session like Pi/Kite/NestTrader, then you will be automatically logged-out from KiteXL also.
  • itsram90
    what if i login and create my tokens etc arround 7AM ? will that also get expired before market opening in next 2 hrs ?
  • arnavsaxena
    arnavsaxena edited March 2017
    You can automate using selenium+phantomjs and setup a cron
  • sujith
    @arnavsaxena,
    We don't recommend automating login as it is mandatory by the exchange that an individual has to log in manually every day.
This discussion has been closed.