Order rejection

joy
I placed an order and I received the below success response.
07Apr17 10:41:11 : KiteViewModel.ParseResponse : OrderId = {"status": "success", "data": {"order_id": "170407000244566"}}
However when I refreshed the orders (via the Orders call) it seems the order was rejected.
{"exchange_order_id": null, "disclosed_quantity": 0, "market_protection": 0, "tradingsymbol": "SBIN-N5", "tag": "0d4fb8a4", "order_type": "LIMIT", "trigger_price": 0, "cancelled_quantity": 0, "instrument_token": 1, "status_message": "error user/user_target not logged in", "status": "REJECTED", "product": "CNC", "exchange": "NSE", "order_id": "170407000244566", "price": 11379, "pending_quantity": 0, "validity": "DAY", "placed_by": "xxxxx", "order_timestamp": "2017-04-07 10:41:19", "parent_order_id": null, "exchange_timestamp": null, "average_price": 0, "variety": "regular", "transaction_type": "SELL", "filled_quantity": 0, "quantity": 10}
ideally when disconnected, shouldnt the api response throw an exception while placing the order itself.

P.S. - I logged into nest trader in between and closed it after a while, Seems that led to the disconnection. However everything was working, i.e. the quote stream etc. I had no way to know i was disconnected. No order callback also for the rejection (being disconnected I suppose thats ok).
  • sujith
    Hi @joy,
    In this scenario, OMS didn't notify us that user has logged out.
    So in Kite, you are logged in and while placing order internally OMS checks and rejects the order.
    We will fix it in future.
    For now, I would suggest using the kite for monitoring purpose instead of NEST.
  • joy
    @sujith ok, thanks for your input.
This discussion has been closed.