streaming data for 1000+ scrips/symbols across BSE/NSE

naz
@sujith : we need to scan 1000+ scrips/stocks across BSE/NSE for our strategy.
Is there a separate/differential pricing for getting streaming data for 1000-1500 symbols/scrips. Please let us know .
  • sujith
    Hi @naz,
    Currently, we don't provide it. We can consider this if there are a significant number of users who are willing to subscribe to it.
  • ramatius
    @naz One possibility would be to use 3 or 4 zerodha accounts to stream data for 1000+ scripts. Basically, if a few like-minded traders co-operate, then everyone can share all that data. It is easy to set it up in a server, where the data streams into a MySQL db, which can then be access by everybody.
  • naz
    @ramatius : again a great suggestion. Although, i don't have much experience on server side set-up/programming, I am in for this :)
  • traderx
    What is the limit of stocks/scrips that can be provided in parallel?
  • sujith
    @tradex,
    You can subscribe for up to 200 scrips with one connection. For more information, you can take a look at documentation.
  • traderx
    the limit is not mentioned in the documentation as far as i can tell
  • ramatius
    With 200 scripts per socket, we can stream 600 scripts per user. If 3 users pool the data, then we have the capability to stream 1800 scripts! That is quite something.
  • haribabu
    @sujith please clarify
    We can get 200 symbols quotes per API Subscription? Or per connection made using using same API subscription.

Also quotes don't have open interest of FnO. Time stamp also missing. Without time stamp an old quote may be receiving again and again we do not know.
  • sujith
    Hi @haribabu,
    You can subscribe for up to 200 scrips per connection.

Right now we are working on revamp of core apis, hence we have frozen developing new features, once it is complete we will do all the enhancements.
  • traderx
    Thanks Sujith. When can we expect enhancements to be complete. Do you have a list of enhancements that will be developed?
  • mahadevmurmu
    I want store tick data ltp in variable. How can I do that? Is that possible. Please help.
  • mahadevmurmu
    I want store tick data ltp in variable. How can I do that? Is that possible. Please help.
  • sujith
    Hi @mahadevmurmu,
    You can store it in a database or in app preferences.
    If you wish to keep it only in memory then, I think you might need a map of tokens and LTP.
  • sujith
    @mahadevmurmu,
    If the number of scrips you are subscribing to is more then I would suggest you use the database.
  • mahadevmurmu
    To store tick data LTP in database, Do we need a variable or we can directly store it in mysql database? can you provide me code to store tick data in database?
  • sujith
    Hi @mahadevmurmu,
    This is something that you have to look up yourself. There are several other threads on this forum discussing this topic. Do look them up.