Errors in trades

ramatius
Hi @sujith
Today also the API call to get the trades is not working. Order list API is working.

Some of buy/sell API calls have also failed (was working fine yesterday) today. The "Exit" from kiteconnect-web didn't work either. But "square-off" in Pi desktop worked and exited the position. I had to try ALL of them.

Another sell order for BANKNIFTY18MAY1722900PE entered at 11:37 didn't go through and I tried again, which worked. But the other order was apparently pending and got executed at 1:15, resulting in option short, consuming a huge span margin. order IDs 170512000342660 and 170512000352763.

Squaring off this short position didn't work in kiteconnect-web, but worked in Pi Desktop. However, the loss extended in the time I have been trying all this.
What is the point of having so many user interface (kc, pi, api, ...) for an unreliable system?

The poor reliability of the system is taking a serious toll.

It would be great if you can present the action plan on how this issue is being addressed moving forward, with committed timelines.
  • sujith
    Hi @ramatius,
    For monitoring purpose, please use Kite and not Pi.
    If you log into Pi or NEST then a new session is created which means you are logged out of kite connect.
    If you log into Kite then, your session is reused instead of recreating.

Note: If you log out of kite then you are logged out of everywhere.
  • ramatius
    I know. I have been using kite-web for monitoring. I tried Pi because the position was not getting exited in kite. Yes, the logout/login happened. I am glad that the logout/login process between kite & pi is working without errors. At least something is consistently working.

Please address the reliability issues in a comprehensive manner and update the user community on how you plan to improve the situation moving forward.