Not able to sell securities

naz
naz edited June 2017 in General
Hi I am not able to sell security in my account CONFIPET (tradingsymbol) on BSE (exchange). Can you please look into it. As an additional information, there is T1 written in front of the quantity. But I have been able to sell stocks before even if they are T1. Not sure if this is a T2T segment issue. Is there a way we can find out a stock is in T2T segment on BSE?
Tagged:
  • sujith
    Hi @naz,
    CONFIPET is an XT group scrip of BSE.
    It is trade to trade segment. You can only sell it after you get delivery.
  • naz
    Hi @sujith :
    Group (XT) is not mentioned in the "instruments" csv file that we get by "https://api.kite.trade/instruments?api_key=xxxxxxxxxxxx".
    How do we know before placing a buy order that a stock belongs to XT group (hence Trade to Trade segment). Would it be possible to include this information in the "instruments" csv file ?
  • sujith
    Hi @naz,
    We will consider this in future.
  • naz
    @sujith:
    Thanks. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of trading in stocks if we can't sell stocks for three days after purchase.

Is there a work-around in the meanwhile - e.g. are you aware of any external source from where we can get this data ? OR Do you maintain it on some google sheet/on some zerodha link separately from where we can download this data and can integrate with our program.
  • sujith
    Hi @naz,
    XT series on BSE are always T2T segment scrips.
    It is done by exchanges and there can be many scrips which are moved from A or B series to XT series and as a broker, we don't get notified about this. As of now, there is no way for us to track that.
    We are in talks with TR to come up with a feasible solution for this.

As of now, BSE website is the only source.
  • naz
    @sujith @Kailash @vivek :
    (CCing Kailash and Vivek as well to bring their attention to this since I believe this is really critical)

I agree that XT series are always T2T segment scrips only. My concern is "How do I get to know whether a scrip is XT or not before placing an order"

Also, I can see categorization of stocks daily as A,B ... XT, XC, XD etc. on Thomson Reuters' NEST platform which I am assuming that you use as your OMS ( I have access to NEST through Edelweiss).
    So I am not sure if it should be a real issue to integrate the "Series" type with "instruments" data provided by Zerodha (or provide it separately in a csv format through some kite api link similar to "instruments" data)
    Honestly, I am highly uncomfortable trading when I don't have a clue as to which stocks I will not be able to sell for 3 consecutive days after purchase after purchase.
  • sujith
    @naz,
    If it is feasible then we will provide it in next update of instruments.