Simultaneous login in Pi and Kite Connect API

mastertrader21
Hello @sujith
I read in one of the forum that if zerodha client connect to Kite via ( https://kite.zerodha.com/) and then try to connect to Pi then Kite session will get logged of. What if I want to retrieve all the trade book and order book in kite.

Assuming I am building a webportal using Kite API for retail client who is using Pi then will they have to login to Pi first and then login to my portal so the session is not logged out and I can retrieve the trade book and order book.
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    Pi login will always clear old session and creates new session whereas Kite login will reuse old session. So, if a user logs into Pi and logs into your app then you can fetch orderbook.
  • mastertrader21
    Hello @sujith
    Continuation to my question , I found the link at smallcase.in which says smallcase does not receive client order /trade activity on Kite/Pi/Zerodha Platform and selling a smallcase stock through any platform will not reflect on smallcase. This is very contrary to what my understanding is.

http://help.smallcase.com/zerodha-kite-integration/buyingselling-smallcase-stocks-on-kite

I thought as per our last discussion we can retrieve the order book once the client is logged in Pi first and then my application then I will be able to retrieve the order book.

Also one important point, the order book postbacks are realtime in nature what if client is transacting through Zerodha Kite throughout the day and did not open my webportal throughout the day.Will there be a flexibility to get all the orderbook and tradebook details happened during the day and details at then end of day.
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    Third party apps won't get postbacks if the order is placed from the kite or any other platform.
    Third party platforms can get complete orderbook details during the day or end of the day only if a user logs into their platform.