Historical data error: kiteconnect.exceptions.InputException: No candles found based on token and ti

mellowyellow
mellowyellow edited July 2017 in Python client
I'm trying to query SBIN NSE data using the python API.

data = kite.historical('1250305', '2017-07-11', '2017-07-12', 'minute')

I get the following exception. Can someone please check the code, including the instrument_token? Really appreciate it.

kiteconnect.exceptions.InputException: No candles found based on token and time and candleType or Server busy.

Also, is there a way to filter just the Nifty 50 eq from the instruments() calls?

PS please note that I'm running my code on a server outside of India.
  • sujith
    Hi @mellowyellow,
    You are trying for SBIN-BE which not scrip that is being traded on the exchange. You must try for SBIN(779521).

BE, BL categories are T2T segment categories. When there is an excessive speculation in the market exchange decides to curb liquidity on the scrip and moves it from EQ series to BE, BL series on which users can't do intra-day trades. Only delivery is allowed on these series.
  • mellowyellow
    @sujith Thanks vm. That helps.

I imagine the easiest way to search instrument_token for particular EQs would be by the NSE symbol. Just to confirm there is no way to look up what is inside Nifty 50 or Next 50 at any given time or even at the present moment from python?

• sujith
    @mellowyellow,
    Yes, you will have to search with exact tradingsymbol and then find the corresponding instrument token.
    If you are trading on only one exchange, you can also get instruments that are being traded only on NSE. Check out instruments method.