Can I get Historical Stocks PreOpening Data?

MadhuSingh
MadhuSingh edited July 2017 in General
Can I get Historical Stocks PreOpening Data? If Yes then please help me where I can get.

Regards,
Madhu.
  • sujith
    Hi @MadhuSingh,
    We don't provide historical pre market data. You can get live pre market data on websockets.
  • naz
    @sujith
    I was trying to get live pre-market data (9:00 - 9:07) by using quote api - kite.quote("NSE:XXXX"). Is there a reason why this doesn't work while it works with websockets.
    I only needed the live market data every 1 minute so thought of polling it through quote api instead of websockets.
  • sujith
    There won't be a change in the LTP in the pre-market session. There will be only one LTP at around 09:08 AM.
    Only depth keeps changing in the pre-market session. The source of the data in quote API is Kite Ticker(Websockets) so there shouldn't be any difference in the data.
  • naz
    I agree with the data structure and content and that is what I want.
    I am facing following issues - once I start the quote api at 9:00:00 am and do the polling after every few seconds/minutes:
    1) I am not getting any data with 'timestamp' field between 9:00 - 9:07 through quote api as if the quote api is not active at all.
    2) between 9:07:06 and 9:15:00, I got all the data with "last_trade_time" field as 9:07:06 (which is right) and "timestamp" fields also as 9:07:06 (which is wrong as it should give the current timestamp.)