Order fill/status update - websocket, worth a wait?

Shaha
Dear developers/other members in the forum,

I wanted to have a check on the order fill/status update after placing the orders.

Going through other posts, and documentation on post-backs, i have come to the conclusion that for postbacks i will either need a public domain url or the webserver configured locally to listen and receive.

Which i do not have at the moment. And there is a considerable effort and time i will need to set it up.

Also, in the announcement, i saw that the websocket version is coming soon for the same.

So, i am afraid, that by the time i would have setup the postbacks, there is a chance that the websocket version will be available.

Am also afraid that, it should not happen that i keep waiting for the websocket update and it gets extended or removed from the list of updates.

So, having hard time, to arrive at the decision, whether Order fill/status update - websocket, worth a wait?

Dear forum members, any help/information/experience in this regard will help me a lot.
  • Vivek
    @Shaha I would recommend you to go ahead implementing postbacks for now since our development team has prioritized releasing Kite 3.0 API and web and after that only we have plans to implement this.
This discussion has been closed.