Multi user apps

avinash
Hi
I am developing an analytics and order origination site for general public using Kite connect APi. I am interested in using offsite execution capability for redirecting users to Zerodha for order execution.
  1. I understand that if I use offsite execution for redirection then normal Kite application (restricted to single user ID) should be sufficient (just like Publisher) for my needs. Am I correct?
  2. What details are required before granting multi user login privilege? Is it time-prone, cumbersome process?
Thanks
  • sujith
    sujith edited August 2017
    Hi @avinash,
    Kite Publisher is just a javascript button which can be included in websites and blogs.
    Using Kite publisher will allow you to only place orders, you can't access orderbook, positions or holdings whereas Kite Connect provides you the capability to access orderbook, positions, holdings, and margins.

Please email talk(at)rainmatter.com with more details about your platform. Someone from our team will get back to you.
  • mastertrader21
    Hello @sujith ,
    I think there is a disconnect here. Based on my past interaction with Rainmatter team they mentioned that if we want to allow multi level access to retail traders who will be using our app then we will need to go through creating Kite publisher , unless Rainmatter certify the app and gets nse approval.
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    I am a technical guy, not sure about compliance related queries.

For the above question, if @avinash wants to only place orders then Kite Publisher can be used and it has multi user access by default.
    Again everything depends on your requirements.