Historical Data

Pandiyaraj
Hi,

Is possible to get the historical data by every seconds ?? I need to plot the values every seconds in 1 min view.
  • sujith
    Hi @Pandiyaraj,
    You need to use websockets to plot current minute candle, historical data every second is not a feasible solution.
  • Pandiyaraj
    Pandiyaraj edited August 2017
    Hi @sujith

Some time i didn't receive historical data based on minutes , Whereas 3 minutes data works fine, It returns no candle .
  • sujith
    Hi @Pandiyaraj,
    Three-minutes candle is formed combining 3 one-minute candles. At any point in time, if the last candle is not available then it will combine two-minute candles and provides it as a three-minute candle.
    In case of the one-minute candle, you won't get candle if it is not formed.
    During market hours system records each tick and end of the minute a candle is formed and stored in the database. This keeps happening on all the scrips that are being traded for the day. Hence it keeps multiple write requests in the queue, it might be delayed when the queue is long.
    So I would suggest adding a couple seconds delay and retry.
  • Pandiyaraj
    Hi @sujith

I need a small help.. Is there a way to get the historical data in seconds, i want to display all the previous ticks in graph so its very helpful if you provide seconds data instead of minutes.

In GlobalDataFeeds they provide historical data on the basis of Seconds,Minutes whereas KiteConnect starts from Minutes only..

For Ex, If i display a graph in 5Mins View I need to display last 5 mins (ie 300 seconds) data but kiteconnect returns only 5 data. Its really wrong for our app.

So please tell me Is is possible to get the previous historical data in Seconds.

• sujith
    Hi @Pandiyaraj,
    We don't store tick data. You can use websockets to get live market data and store it.
    You can use the same as historical data.