Setting trailing stoploss

traderx
Please can you tell me what my trailing_stoploss value should be for the following condition:

BUY: 50.00
TRIGGER: 51.00
SL: 49.25

When i place the order what should be my trailing_stoploss if I want it at breakeven.

Thank you
  • traderx
    Any idea what I should do ? @Kailash @sujith @Nikhil.A
  • sujith
    Hi @traderx,
    The minimum value for trailing stop-loss has to be 1 and above that, you can give value in multiples of tick size.
  • traderx
    Why is there a minimum?
  • traderx
    I mean, for scalping it becomes difficult when we're going for small moves with low value stocks. Plus AFAIK its not a limitation from the exchange. So why is there a minimum.
  • sujith
    @traderx,
    Check out this thread.
  • traderx
    "Nifty contributes to over 75% of trades on exchange, if we allow less than 20 ticks, clients are bound to place it. Nifty typically moves 10 to 20 ticks every couple of seconds, which would mean SL having to be modified every 1 second. This can add incredible amount of load on our servers."

So whats the difference if I add 1 point or a minimum? Dont you still have to calculate the SL for every tick? Am I missing something?
  • traderx
    Im asking because these seem like basic functionality you need to offer.

I get that you are putting out all this new code for new platforms, new versions, etc, etc. But you still lack a basic functionality like having trailing stop losses not be less that 1.

This excuse of "add incredible amount of load on our servers." is unacceptable. Id rather you fix you server issues than put out newer versions of software.
  • sujith
    Hi @traderx,
    If the minimum value is 1 then the frequency of modifying an order for all the clients will be less which will significantly reduce the load on our servers.
  • traderx
    frequency of modifying an order is always on tick right?
  • traderx
    The only thing the 1 point minimum does as far as I can tell is disincentive users from adding them for smaller stocks. And per the thread you sent me, its because of load on your servers. But this seems like basic functionality dont you think?