Live quotes pause

chiragkeswani
Hi,

I login to my KiteXL at around 9 AM, and sometimes I note the live price updates stop for sometime. Internet connectivity is fine, it shows me logged in on Excel, then why does the price update pause? Is there any way to resume again? Currently I close the excel and restart and re-login.

Regards-
Chirag Keswani
  • botany02
    botany02 edited September 2017
    @chiragkeswani .
    I'm not sure what's causing this, it's working fine for me.
    Try Stop and Start Web-socket.
    You can check the error logs @ "My Documents\KitXL_Error.txt"

Here is how KiteXL and RTD works;
    * You subscribe for quotes.
    * Kite Server sends quotes via web-socket
    * KiteXL saves the quotes in a dictionary.
    * A Separate thread is running in the background, which will loop through all the symbols subscribed for quotes and check for new prices, if there is, then will send that price to RTD.
    * Excel will receive the quotes and display in the respective cell.

I suspect some issue with web-socket or internet,even though it seems good, but normally internet will have short term fluctuations that can be checked using ping -t google.com , if you get 'request timeout' randomly in the ping, it is due to the fluctuations.

Sometimes, Web-socket will disconnect on this short term fluctuations, but i have added the re-connection feature,it will take care.

• chiragkeswani
    chiragkeswani edited September 2017
    Thanks @botany02 for your detailed explanation. I see below line a few times in log file:
    13-Sep-17 09:18:12-WebSock_MessageReceived : {"t": 10}
    What does this denote?
  • sujith
    Hi @chiragkeswani,
    That is an internal message which we use in our platforms. You can ignore that.