Getting the following error on placing order

abhishek01
abhishek01 edited May 2016 in General
On placing the order I am getting the following error message. But I have not taken any position in any market.
Rms:rule: check circuit limit including square off order exceeds for entity account-xxxxxx across exchange across segment across product.
  • Kailash
    Kailash edited May 2016
    @abhishek01 Sounds like the limit price you sent exceeds the particular instrument exceeds its exchange assigned circuit limits.
  • naz
    @abhishek01 : did you figure out a solution of the issue. I am also facing the same issue.
  • sujith
    @naz,
    This is because the price you have entered is higher than upper circuit limit. You can try with the price below upper circuit limit.
  • naz
    @sujith : thanks for the reply. I later on figured out that the issue was not price being higher than upper circuit limit but the fact that - for placing orders on NSE-BE/BL segment, one has to send the exchange name as "NSE-BE" or "NSE-BL" in the order_place arguments.
    This is quite inconvenient and Zerodha/Kite Connect should be able to do this internally when client has just stated the exchange name as NSE.
  • sujith
    Hi @naz,
    We don't get notified from the exchange on which segment a scrip is being traded. Only way to find out is from CSV file provided by exchange here.

An alternate solution I would suggest is you can subscribe to all the scrips in different series and you will get ticks for the scrip that is being traded. You can place an order for the one that is being traded.
  • naz
    @sujith : can you please guide me as to how to subscribe for all the srips in NSE and BSE. I thought the limit was only 200 instruments. But would be happy to explore this option suggested by you.
  • sujith
    @naz,
    I didn't mean you have to stream for all scrips available on an exchange. I meant if you want to trade RELIANCE then subscribe for RELIANCE-BE, RELIANCE-BL, and others.
  • naz
    @sujith : But that would mean I am keeping track of only 66 companies for every 200 symbols subscribed (3 symbols subscription for one company). This looks quite a bit inefficient.
    Is there any other way ?
    While trading on other brokerage platforms (edelweiss, sharekhan etc.) we are not required to punch in NSE-BE or NSE-BL for exchange. We only send information that we want to trade on NSE. Other brokerages figure it out themselves internally.
  • vinitakumari56
    RMS:Rule: Check circuit limit including square off order exceeds for entity account across exchange across segment across product
  • sujith
    @vinitakumari56,
    You seem to have placed the order at the price above circuit limit.