market data

bk18
Hi,

Is it possible to get market data after market hours for that day - may be in candles, one minute? Also, assume due to some reasons i miss 10-15 minutes of live data? How can i get that data - 1)during market hours? 2)after market hours?

I am looking for API solution and one minute market data after market hours could well be a compressed file. I am also fine to have that day market data emailed to me everyday after market hours(as part of service subscription).

Note: If i am correct, i can get today's data next day as historical data, but i am not willing to subscribe to another service, at least now, for time being.

--Thanks.
Tagged:
  • sujith
    Hi,
    You can get candle data of a particular minute in Historical API.
    You need to subscribe for Historical data, in order to use that API endpoint.
    The response from historical API is JSON. I am afraid we can't provide data in any other format as there are regulations around that.
  • bk18
    Thanks @sujith. How about the first part? "assume due to some reasons i miss 10-15 minutes of live data? How can i get that data - 1)during market hours? 2)after market hours? ".

--Thanks.
  • sujith
    Hi @bk18,
    You will have to use Historical data API to fetch data if you miss data.
  • bk18
    Thanks @sujith for the response. So if there is a problem from my end for live data, i need to rectify via historical data. What about the case if there is a problem from your end?

Also, what is the current status of mcx historical data? Posing this question after going thru this forum.

--Thanks.