Modifying BO Order Stoploss and Target Not Working

lazydragonfist
When I am trying to Modify Stoploss and Target of my Completed BO Order, (I mean 1st Leg Order Complete) I am getting Success Response but not Reflecting in Order .

{'parent_order_id': u'171026001462580', 'product': 'NRML', 'order_type': 'LIMIT', 'exchange': 'NSE', 'access_token': u'klsjflkasdjf;laksjd;lfkasjd;flkasjl', 'price': 380, 'trailing_stoploss': '', 'stoploss_value': 0, 'validity': 'DAY', 'transaction_type': 'SELL', 'trigger_price': 0, 'order_id': u'171026001462632', 'tradingsymbol': 'SBIN', 'api_key': u'asdfasdfadsfsa', 'squareoff_value': 0, 'quantity': 1}
{"status": "success", "data": {"order_id": "171026001462632"}}

{'parent_order_id': u'171026001462580', 'product': 'NRML', 'order_type': 'LIMIT', 'exchange': 'NSE', 'access_token': u'klsjflkasdjf;laksjd;lfkasjd;flkasjl', 'price': 0, 'trailing_stoploss': '', 'stoploss_value': 0, 'validity': 'DAY', 'transaction_type': 'SELL', 'trigger_price': 245, 'order_id': u'171026001462633', 'tradingsymbol': 'SBIN', 'api_key': u'asdfasdfadsfsa', 'squareoff_value': 0, 'quantity': 1}
{"status": "success", "data": {"order_id": "171026001462633"}}
  • sujith
    Hi,
    The way system works is when a modify request for an order is placed. If you get success then that means the request is placed successfully. It doesn't mean order modification is successful.
    Once a modify request is placed, it will go through series of checks at RMS and OMS level. If it fails for some reason then order's status message will be updated.
    You can go to order details of the above orders and know the reason for the order not being modified on Kite or fetch orderbook and check for the status message.
  • lazydragonfist
    Thanks,
    Yes, I can find in SL Order status with SL Order ID.
    "status": "NOT MODIFIED", "status_message": "BO:Trigger price not within the circuit limit"

I have one more Doubt,
    To Exit a BO Order, I just need to modify triger price of SL to already passed Price or is their any way to exit with some special request ?
  • sujith
    You can exit bracket order like this https://github.com/rainmattertech/javakiteconnect/blob/master/sample/src/Examples.java

Look for exitBracketOrder method.
  • lazydragonfist
    I am using python and I am not using any Libs like pyconnect, I coded raw, can you give me Ref like what sort or data I need post, put or what ever and Where to send that,
    I need Raw API Reference,
  • lazydragonfist
    is Exiting order is same as cancelling OPEN Bo Order ?
    If Yes, How not to Close a position thinking its still OPEN,
    I mean I see an BO Order still OPEN After 1 Min of placing that Order, Just When I request to cancel that Open Order It been filled, Now It will Exit that Position,

Hope I am Clear
  • lazydragonfist
    I think I found it,
    It was Right There :-)
    Cancelling and exiting Bracket Orders (BO)
    https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#cancelling-orders

confused Because of its Main Heading "Cancelling orders"
    :D
This discussion has been closed.