Historial API working intermittently or do I need to pay?

buttonBot
I started with Kite API only a few days ago and after logging in for the first time, and using the access token took the historical API for a test drive and it worked fine a couple of time that I tried.

Now after a few days, I tried using the api again with the new access token I got form he `session/token` api today itself and it worked fine for a few minutes and then started getting `TokenException` with `Invalid API credentials` message. I thought my token must have expired, though a quick check on this forum confirmed the token are only expired in the morning every day and it had been only a few minutes. On a side note if someone from the team can respond the exact time of the day when the tokens get reset would be great!

Then I thought there must be another cloud-knows-what reason why my token expired and thought of trying to login again and used the `session/token` api and received the same token (it had not expired). But the historical API was not working still!

I also noticed later that there seems to be a paid option for the historical api on the app's config page in zerodha connect dashboard. So I need to pay for this to make it work and there is an intermittently occurring bug on zerodha side?? I am not sure.
  • sujith
    sujith edited November 2017
    Hi,
    You need an active subscription to use historical data API.
  • sujith
    Access tokens are cleared before 8:30. It is a manual process so we can't give the exact time.