Unable to quotes for the following stocks

avinashsringeri
I am unable to get any quotes for the following stocks. I see the same behaviour on the zerodha site too. I checked the quotes on NSE site and google finance on these stocks. They are actively getting traded. But Zerodha shows no action in these stocks. I tried to exit the stocks taking the quotes from NSEINDIA. Zerodha rejects the order saying I don't hold those stocks. But its still active on my holdings. I see no order with status as completed . I have attached the screenshots.

Tagged:
  • sujith
    Hi @avinashsringeri,
    Kellton Tech Solutions Ltd is being traded in BE series. You can add that instrument to marketwatch by searching for instrument KELLTONTEC-BE.
    I think the issue is you bought it on BSE and Kite is storing it as KELLTONTEC as it is being traded on BSE as KELLTONTEC.

I will inform concerned to take a look into this.
  • avinashsringeri
    in that case there is a serious bug in Zerodha . I open all the trades through a common code. Here is my code . So there is a no way I can open 54 trades on NSE and rest on BSE with this code.Also I don't have any reference to BSE anywhere in my code.

private Map createBuyParams(int quantity, double ask,
    OrderDetails details) {
    Map param = new HashMap();

param.put("quantity", String.valueOf(quantity));
    param.put("order_type", "LIMIT");
    param.put("tradingsymbol", details.getId());
    param.put("product", details.getProductType());
    param.put("exchange", "NSE");
    param.put("transaction_type", details.getAction());
    param.put("validity", "DAY");
    param.put("price", String.valueOf(ask));

return param;

}

• avinashsringeri
    I get the quote as null for those stocks. These stocks are actively getting traded.
  • sujith
    @avinashsringeri,
    JMTAUTOLTD is being traded in BE series. You can check that on NSE website.

You need to pass tradingsymbol as JMTAUTOLTD-BE to get quotes.
  • avinashsringeri
    avinashsringeri edited November 2017
    How to close these trades?
  • avinashsringeri
    avinashsringeri edited November 2017
    Thanks Sujay.

So the day I bought stocks of "JMTAUTOLTD" it was not under BE series and today it got moved into that series. Got it. So that explains why I get so many quotes as null. So t-row if this out of BE series I should able to close.

• sujith
    You should be able to close these positions(on NSE) by appending BE to the tradingsymbol.
  • avinashsringeri
    I am on sitting on a loss on these stocks. Could you please help me in closing these stocks?
  • sujith
    All Trade to Trade segment(T2T) instruments are delivery compulsory. You can only sell them if you have it in your account. It seems like you holdings are not yet delivered.
    It is done by the exchanges to curb liquidity on these instruments.
    Some of the example series in T2T segment are BE, BZ(on NSE) or group T, Z, TS, XT, MT, ZP, ST(on BSE).