request token expires in every single run

ayyaz
I could use generated request_token only once , i have to regenerate the same for subsequent runs , this is frustrating , request_token should be for life time like api_key or api_secret , if i need to generate it everytime then whole purpose of automation is invalid.
  • sujith
    Hi,
    The request token is valid for only a couple of minutes and can be used only once. Once you get access token it is valid for one day. Don't call method request_access_token every time you run the script.
  • ayyaz
    Thanks Sujit ,
    i could get request_access_token working for couple of hours , its getting expired once in every few hours.

in between is there any way to generate permanent one ? is there API to check request_access_token if valid . is there anyway to fully automate to get fetch request_access_token , your method of fetching request_access_token is making the process semi automated
  • ayyaz
    i could see for every for few hours not full day or morning 8 , most of time randomly it gets invalidated , halts the script suddenly
  • sujith
    The access token can be expired if a user logs in to Pi or Nest. If you log out of Kite. I would recommend using Kite for monitoring purposes.

It is mandatory by the exchange that a user has to log in manually at least once a day. We don't recommend automating login.
This discussion has been closed.