Gateway time out

shank278
Today has this issue at 9:30 and was not able to place any order. What is the root cause for this? APIs not able to handle load. Always face issue when there is something happening in market. Looks like API gateway fails to handle load on such days.
  • sujith
    You can check out this thread.
  • shank278
    @sujith what will i check there in the thread. The API issues are becoming predictable. The day market swings are unexpected the apis are bound to have some issue at the start. Team should think of fixing these issues and held responsible than pointing the issues to backend, OMS vendor or whatever. In a production system how can you simply say our backend has some issue was corrected after some time.
  • shank278
    shank278 edited December 2017
    Based on my experiences of kite api behavior + market condition, i am expecting something to happen tomorrow again at the market start :# ....Lets see if it is proven right or wrong...
  • shank278
    shank278 edited December 2017
    @sujith
    As expected ....Really pathetic...
    12/18/2017 9:59:59 AM - JUBLFOOD17DECFUT
    Trading Symbol Doesn't exist for the exchange
    com.rainmatter.kitehttp.exceptions.KiteDataException
  • rajtk
    hey sujith ,even I am getting intermittent gateway connection error. last one I got was at 10:33 am
  • shank278
    It seems fishy or completely screwed up system. i predicted yesterday night only that we might have issues..Lets see who is the culprit today...OMS vendor, there one instance was down or other environment issue
  • sujith
    As improbable as it may sound, our data center today developed intermittent connectivity issues at the worst time possible. We're now in the process of ditching this datacentre altogether and moving to a new one.