order_type SL-M

RH1558
i place BO order and order_type : SL-M with parameter trigger_price,squareoff_value,stoploss_value, it gives error about parameter "price" but in documentation https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#placing-orders "price For LIMIT orders
trigger_price For SL, SL-M etc"

i place SL-M order why it gives "price" parameter error
  • Vivek
    @RH1558 BO orders are always of type LIMIT and takes price as mandatory field. Sorry for lack of explanations on documentation regarding this, we will be updating it shortly.
  • RH1558
    @vivek I have been discussing about the order type that I intend to place through my automated platform for my personal use.

I want to execute the following scenario, therefore please suggest what should be the order type,

E.g - SBI Future opens at 220 in the morning 9.15 AM.

If SBI goes to 222, then I want to buy with target of 224 and stoploss of 220. (Thereby what should be the order type in here?)
    Also the stoploss order and target should be placed only when the BUY transaction at 222 happens.

OR

If SBI goes to 218, then I want to sell it with Target of 216 and stoploss of 220.
    Also the stoploss order and target should be placed only when the SELL transaction at 218 happens.

When the market opens I want to place these both orders (they are limit orders & would be pending until execution)

My platform is JAVA and I have been struggling to setup this scenario. Request your help in this regard please.
This discussion has been closed.