Is there any Method to retrieve Symbol Name from an Instrument ID ?

DA1077
Hi,

In the tickdata we do not get SymbolName but only Instrument ID. But I would like to get the Symbolname of the instrument for which I received tick. I have few questions -

1. Why we don't have SymbolName in the tick structure. Is it possible that you send this info also in the tick.

2. In case above is not possible we need a method to retrieve the sysmbolname easily from an instrument ID. Otherwise it takes a whole lot of computation time to retrieve SymbolName from Instrument D for the thousands of tick we receive for (say 100 scripts subscribed). Please consider adding a method for this( I know the reverse method is there but not this one) . This can be applicable whenever the user is willing to feed the tick data to some external software where Instrument ID would make no sense.

Thanks,
Amitabha
  • sujith
    Hi,
    Instrument token is the unique key to distinguish between two instruments when you receive tick data.
    You can fetch instrument dump as mentioned here. Once you have the dump you just need to search for that instrument in the dump and get tradingsymbol.
    Tick data is sent as binary messages. We can't include tradingsymbol(String) in tick data.