Api secret key

SAGARJAIN
hi
i am first using devlopers kite
i has created new app in kite application devlopers platform api key had got it but api secret key is not showing
so can solve this plz replay any one
  • tonystark
    What happens when you click on show secret button?
  • SAGARJAIN
    SAGARJAIN edited December 2017
    look at this i cant show secret button display ony api key so what is problem ?
    demo.png 179.8K
  • sujith
    Hi,
    You need to create a Kite Connect app to get app secret.
  • Sonu
    Hi Sujith,
    Can you please elaborate on your last response, what exactly you mean by a a kite connect app.

I have created an app of type Publisher, and have only the API key, no API secret.
    I see that there is another type called Connect (which is what I think you mean by Connect app) which requires a monthly subscription of ₹2000.

I only plan to use the KiteTicker(Websocket) API's, to consume the quotes, similar to the way I I do in my zerodha kite web app.
    The question is, do I till need to buy the ₹2000 package every month to do this?
    I have seen in several places in this forum that the Websocket streaming calls are free of cost.Can you please provide me the correct information; also, if possible, a Step by Step guide.
  • sujith
    Hi,
    A Kite publisher app is just a javascript button which can be included in websites, blogs to place orders.
    Kite Connect gives you access to live market data, place orders, fetch orderbook, positions, holdings, funds and more.
    Live market data is not free. It is included in the base subscription package of Kite Connect which will cost Rs 2000 per month.
    Kite Connect also offers an optional add-on subscription for historical data which will cost you Rs 2000 per month.
    You get started from documentation.
  • Sonu
    @sujith Thank you for your response.

Basically, The Websocket calls are FREE after you pay ₹2000 -- not free really!.
    Is there any trial period where I can use the API's without any restrictions?
    I wanted to try out few things before going for the paid subscription.
  • sujith
    Hi @Sonu,
    We don't have a sandbox environment yet. We are waiting for APIs from OMS vendor.
    As of now, you need an active subscription to try it out.
  • Sonu
    @sujith Thank you. You have been very helpful.
  • sujith
    You are welcome.
This discussion has been closed.