Can I use kite front ?

mvbhide
I want to do the data churning on client side. Can I use kite front web socket for streaming data and use kite connect API for other call from server side ? If yes, is there anything I need to know / follow ?
  • sujith
    Hi,
    You can create a new Kite ticker(websockets) instance and use it for live market data. I think if you have your own connection then you will have more flexibility. Kite ticker for live market data is anyways free with Kite Connect.
  • mvbhide
    Hi Sujith,

Thanks for your reply. Even if I create my own kite ticker instance I cannot connect to websocket.kite.trade from client side because of CORS. That is why I wanted to connect to zerodha.com as kite front.
  • sujith
    Can you give us more details about the use case? Please elaborate the details about your platform.
  • mvbhide
    I am creating an Angular application and wanted to use ticker from the angular app. But if I try to hit ws.kite.trade from Angular app, I get a Cross site origin error. So, I am trying to get data from the ticker url which kite web uses (ws.zerodha.com). Hence I wanted to understand if there is anything I will have to know / follow / any guidelines already in place for this ?
  • sujith
    Hi,
    Can you please send a mail to talk(at)rainmatter.com someone from our team will get back to you to understand the whole scenario?
  • cmurthy
    Hi Sujith, mvbhide,
    what was the answwer to this question, I face similar situation while trying to develop client app on react?
  • sujith
    Can you elaborate?