Mock trading session

ruchanavjyot1907
Just got message that 'today is mock trading day'. I am interested to use this for end to end testing, however I can't see market data movement. Could you please guide me to use this mock trading session for below queries.

1. What are mock trading session timings for MCX?
2. Do we need to subscribe to some other (dummy) instruments for this or normal/usual instruments will have live ticks during this session?
3. Do we have some different API calls (Kite API) to use of this trading session or our normal API calls can be used?
4. 6th Jan 2018 - What are timelines (start/end) for mock trading session?
5. Do we have any documentation available with FAQs/guidelines for mock trading sessions, if yes please share URL link/pdf.
  • sujith
    Hi,
    Generally, mock trading will be on 1st Saturday of every month. This week we didn't participate in mock trading.
    You don't need to connect to separate endpoints. You can use the regular endpoints.

For MCX, mock trading will go on till 14:00 and other segments it go on till 15:30

As of now, we don't stream live market data for mock trading. You can place orders though.
    We will enable live market data feeds for mock trading soon.
  • ruchanavjyot1907
    @sujith Thanks for response. Please share a calendar/schedule (if available) describing when we will be participating in mock sessions and when not?
  • sujith
    Hi,
    We don't have any calendar as such. The mock trading is for our vendors to calibrate their systems. It is not meant for the clients.