Orders Id of orders placed by BO

rohit00082002
Hello, in BO stoploss orders will also get created, will id of these orders also get returned?
  • sujith
    Can you elaborate?
  • rohit00082002
    I means, if by python api we place BO (Bracket order), then upon execution of buy order, 2 sell orders should generate, will this python order api call return id of those 2 generated sell orders? so that can track when any one of those 2 will get executed?
  • rohit00082002
    Still I haven't bought API subscription(its costly and no trial or (production/development) separate environment provided in APIs, so can't see by myself right now.
  • sujith
    On successful placement of an order, you will receive an order_id. This is the entry order_id. Once the first leg is executed, there will be two second leg orders placed by the system and those will have a parent_order_id field which points to the first leg order.
  • rohit00082002
    Ohh means first call will not give id of second leg orders, so looks like should search for open orders, iterates to them and find second leg order?
  • sujith
    A successful placement of the order doesn't mean the order is executed. It just means order placement is successful. For more information, you can take a look at documentation.

Yes, you need to iterate through orderbook and find the orders.
  • Maddy149
    Hi!
    I wanted to know that once a BO is sent to Kite, I will get a Postback on my registered postback url regarding any order updates for this order.
    My question is, after the BO is sent to Kite, does kite also sends a Postback with orderids of the second leg orders and their status? Note: I am referring to the situation where even the first leg order has not been executed.
    2nd question, I'll receive the postbacks for 2nd leg orders on the registered postback url, correct?
  • sujith
    In the case of bracket order, the second leg orders are placed after there is at least one trade for the first leg order.
    If first leg order gets filled in 2 trades then you will have 4 second leg orders.
  • sujith
    We send postbacks for second leg orders as well.